Can a foreigner apply for Dual Citizenship here?

We got a question from Gina today,

Here’s what Gina had to say:

Hi..,Good day to you.My question is..,My husband is a american citizen,born and raise.Can he apply for dual citizen?Hope you can help me will really appreciate it.God Speed

Here’s what Bob had to say:

The Philippine Dual Citizenship law applies only to former Filipinos who were naturalized in other countries. You husband, as a foreigner, does not qualify.

Cake delivery in the Philippines

The only way your husband can obtain Filipino citizenship is to become naturalized here in the Philippines, and he will be required to renounce his US citizenship. Under Philippine law, he can never become a dual citizen.

Take care.

Leave a Reply