If I have a Filipina wife, does that mean I can be a Dual Citizen?

Getting US Citizenship for your child born in the Philippines

We got a question from Max today,

Here’s what Max had to say:

Good Day Mr. Martin
Thanks for your prompt replay
non of my relatives have ever aplay for such a case as well never been a Philippine citizen
my situation is as follow
i am married to a Filipino and i am in possession so called ACR permanent residence
will it help to you and for me to make it easier

Here’s what Bob had to say:

Stuffed Animal Delivery in the Philippines

Hi Max,

Philippine Dual Citizenship is only available for people who are former Philippine Citizens who gave up their Philippine Citizenship to become naturalized in another country. Foreigners like you and I are not allowed to become Philippine Dual Citizens.

You may apply for Philippine Citizenship, but if you do so you must renounce your current citizenship.


Leave a Reply